星期二, 1月 02, 2007

Roger O'Donnell Interview About Synths in The Cure

This relates to a post I made last month about enjoying Roger O'Donnell's (former keyboard player for The Cure) new album, entitled The Truth in Me. I found an interesting interview of Roger where he discusses the synths used on the legendary Cure album "Disintegration".


"The others may shout me down for this, but I think the Cure does a very keyboard-based show," O'Donnell points out. "When I joined, it was the first time that the band had an actual dedicated keyboard player who didn't do anything but play keyboards. It opened up the arrangements, and allowed keyboards to play their proper role. Before, they held more of a secondary role. Now they're an equal part of the group. In fact, everything seems to be hinged on the keyboards. This allows Porl [Thompson] to play guitar all of the time, and Robert to concentrate only on singing. It makes the band more whole."

Read the Entire Interview Here

沒有留言: