星期四, 11月 16, 2006

Hanging with Xique in Los Angeles


So I took a few days off this last week and flew out to LA to spend time with my Mom. So how is that for filial piety? The ancestors must be proud! :-) Also while I was there, I got to visit some old friends. I didn't get to visit everyone that I wanted to (still pressed for time). However one of the people I did get to see was my old friend Xique. Now a systems administrator for Apple Computer in Santa Monica. It was great to see him again. He showed me around his office. It is a super nice office. I wished my workspace was that nice!

Afterwards, we went out and ate at a funky Thai place! It was great to escape the usual grind of work, even if just for a little while! :-) Two veteran IT jockies relaxing while the world swirls and changes around us.

Since I beat the holiday rush, the flight from DFW Airport to Long Beach Airport was mostly uneventful. Thankfully I'm not travelling anywhere this week.

沒有留言: